The Des Moines Metro PIckleball Club (DMMPC) was formally organized on October 4, 2017 with the participation of 17 players in a meeting at the Pioneer Columbus Recreation Center in Des Moines. At that meeting the participating players adopted bylaws and elected a Board of Directors including four officers and three members at large.
The Board held its first meeting on October 10 when it elected to form legally as a 501c3 non-profit organization. It filed Articles of Incorporation with the Secretary of State on October 17. The Board members met for a second time on October 25. They have been very busy getting their affairs in order and considering how they can best serve the interests of the players in our wonderful community. The Board has adopted the following statements to guide the actions of the all-volunteer staff as the club begins operations.
The DMMPC is a volunteer-run, non-profit organization striving to facilitate the growth of pickleball in our area of Central Iowa. With one voice, the club works with local municipalities in planning for the needs of our growing and diverse player community.
The DMMPC will partner with local municipalities (including but not limited to those in Polk, Dallas, Guthrie, Madison, Boone and Warren counties too):
- Bring enjoyment, health and social engagement for safe pickleball participation
- Leverage community assets to provide indoor and outdoor facilities for pickleball participation
- Utilize social media and other avenues to allow players to coordinate scheduled play
- Encourage diversity at all pickleball locations
The DMMPC is excited to officially welcome prospective or current pickleball players to "join the club". We invite you to take part in the fastest growing sport in America and to be part of a Club that brings people together with the simple promise of exercise, friendly competition and fun!
DMMPC Membership Benefits:
Access to and participation in all club activities:
- Training at all levels
- Continued support for developing additional pickleball courts throughout the area
- Play with others of similar abilities w/o compromising recreational play; e.g. round robin and expanded league play
- Improved communication among members
- Member-only play times
- Social events
- Annual membership meetings
- Access to our membership directory
- Volunteer opportunities
- Merchandise at a discount to members
- Meeting a wide range of people to play this great sport of pickleball
Your membership dues support the mission and vision of DMMPC:
- Being a unified voice to approach municipalities/city governments about the need for pickleball facilities
- Providing expertise and guidance in planning and development of pickleball facilities
- Improvements to parks with pickleball courts throughout our city and surrounding region
- Expanding public awareness by visiting schools, senior centers, and local events
The Club is proud to be affiliated with the USA Pickleball Association (USAPA). This organization provides players with official rules, tournaments, rankings and promotional materials as well as giving guidance and infrastructure for the continued growth and development of the sport. More information on the USAPA is available here.
General meetings held once a year in September will consist of the election of club officers (who will immediately assume their positions), a condensed business meeting, and a planned program. All members are encouraged to attend.
The DMMPC board meetings Are held on an ‘as needed’ basis which is generally once a month. All club members are welcome to attend the DMMPC board meetings.
Club Board Members
Chuck Golliher- President (2023)
Tom Stenger- Vice President (2023)
Ann Wiedenfeld-Treasurer (2023)
Michelle Krueger-Secretary (2024)
Saed Ibsais-At Large (2023)
Susan Hanson- At Large (2023)
Sean Stevens- At Large (2023)
Tim Solinski—At Large (2024)
Golda Curry-AtLarge (2024)
Tom Suckow-At Large (2024)
Barb Borts-At Large (2024)
Des Moines Metro Pickleball Club . P.O. Box 65223 . West Des Moines. IA. 50265